Saturday, March 12, 2016

The Cookbook Experiment: Indian Corn Pudding

Tonight's cookbook experiment is Indian Corn Pudding by Ms. Stella Smith. Stella is one of the most amazing cooks ever. Her chicken salad and her pimento cheese are legendary at our church. Her chicken salad outdoes mine hands down.  I am so in love with her pimento cheese. It is sheer heaven. I have not had corn pudding in a very, very long time.

Indian Corn Pudding by Stella Smith

(1) 15 ounce can creamed corn
(1) 15 ounce can whole corn
(1) stick butter or margarine (I used butter..duh! Everything is better with Kerrygold)
(2) eggs
(1) cup sour cream
(1) box Jiffy corn bread mix

Mix all ingredients, pour into 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes and then serve.

My take-a-ways for this recipe:

  • The recipe does not say melt the butter but I assumed it was necessary so I melted it in the microwave first.
  • The recipe also does not say whether to drain the water out of the can of whole corn. I drained it.
  • I mixed everything in the dish I was baking it in. It worked out fine.
  • This recipe is luxurious. It bakes up fluffy and tender. My suggestion would be to go fix it right now! What are you waiting for. I could eat this 3 times a day seven days a week, it is that good.
  • Thank you Stella!

No comments:

Post a Comment