Sunday, September 8, 2013

Potato and Ham Hash

Tonight easy was on the menu for dinner! I did not feel like going for an all out "mess the entire kitchen up" meal.  I looked around and realized I still had not used the big chunk of chopped ham that I had purchased at the beginning of the week.  It needed to be used before it went bad.

My large skillet came out and I put a generous amount of canola oil (don't hate....I am out of olive oil and I have not made it to the store yet! Normally I would have busted out the EVOO).  I chopped two medium size yellow onions and tossed into the pan.


Next I peeled and chopped a 3 pound bag of russet potatoes.  Okay....hang on a minute. I have a confession to make. I did not actually peel those potatoes. My son did. THANKS NICK!
On top of the onions they landed!


Next I chopped my block of chopped ham up. Kind of funny, huh? I had to chop chopped ham? Oh well! That is what I bought from the deli....one large hunk of chopped ham. They looked at me kind of weird when I said I did not want it sliced but wanted one huge chunk of ham. Into the pan it went!


I fried/steamed this for about 35 minutes or so until the potatoes were tender, the onions and ham were crispy.  It was very, very good.  I served it up in a bowl with some shredded sharp cheddar cheese. It was a delicious dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment