Sunday, September 8, 2013

What in the world should this be called????

It was Wednesday night.  I was in a hurry. I had a package of boneless pork chops I needed to use before they went bad.  What happened next was unplanned, unscheduled, nary a recipe followed. It was mostly just a desperation dinner.

As usual, I started with two medium size yellow onions cut into rings. Into my large skillet they went with some canola oil and butter.  I chopped my pork chops into bite size pieces and threw them into the skillet with the onions. I had a large package of white button mushrooms. I wiped the dirt off of them with a damp paper towel and then sliced them.  I put them in the pan with the pork and the onions.

I am stirring it and realizing it is still not enough to feed everyone so I look around for something else to add to the pot.  I smash a few cloves of garlic and toss in. Next, I take out a package of Ore-Ida crinkle cut french fries and start chopping them into smaller pieces.  They get tossed into the pan with the rest of the pork, onions and mushrooms.  I sprinkle in some Soul Seasoning and stir until everything is nice and brown and done.


Was it good? Actually, yes it was. I sprinkled mine with garlic salt and gobbled it up.  Were ALL the family members brave enough to try it? NO.  My husband enjoyed it and so did my son.  I think even Trixie (my "adopted" daughter) ate it.  Not to bad an average.  The only bad side-effect was that I went to church with garlic breath!!

No comments:

Post a Comment