Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Fettuccine stuffed Green Peppers

Green peppers were on sale at the grocery store.  I decided to buy four of them and make something different for dinner. I have never made stuffed peppers before and quite frankly, I am not sure I could make them as good as my mother did.  Since I was not ready to cross that threshold yet, I decided to stuff them with something different than rice like my mom did.

I broke a 1 pound box of fettuccine in half and boiled until al-dente. Don't forget to salt your water before boiling your dry pasta! It makes a difference! While the pasta is boiling, I cut the tops off of my green peppers.


I discarded the seeds and the ribs and rinsed out the inside.  I chopped the tops up and put into a saute pan with more peppers and several Vidalia onions chopped up.  Also into this pan, I sliced some Polska Kielbasa  into the peppers and onions.
I let this saute while the pasta boiled.  I pre-heated the oven to 400 degrees and put the empty peppers into a baking pan.
When the pasta was finished, I drained it and put it into a large bowl with the sauteed vegetables and kielbasa along with a large jar of Pepper and Mushroom spaghetti sauce. I mixed it very well and then filled each pepper with the pasta mixture.
On top of the pasta mixture I shook a large amount of grated Parmesan onto the top. I also added some provolone cheese.  I would have preferred mozzarella but I did not have any and I was not going to go back to the store.  I baked these for approximately 25 minutes until the cheese was all melted and the peppers became tender. 

My husband loves peppers and onion and sausage so he really enjoyed the dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment