Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Cherry Vanilla Cake

I needed something low maintenance for youth group. I rummaged around in the kitchen and came up with a box of yellow cake mix.  I was not in the mood for ordinary yellow so I kept looking and came up with the large size box of regular Jello in cherry flavor.  I decided why not?

I dumped the cherry jello (dry) into the cake mix and proceeded to add all the normal amount of ingredients per the cake mix's box instructions. It mixed up into a glorious red.  I taste-tested the batter and it seemed okay. Into the oven it went!

Here it is fresh out of the oven....and YES there is a piece missing already as I simply had to taste it first to make sure it was not gross! I love my youth group and did not want to send something bad.  It was  pretty good and not overtly cherry!

I topped the cherry cake with a homemade vanilla buttercream.  It must have been okay because it got eaten up at church!

No comments:

Post a Comment