Sunday, March 3, 2013

Another desperation dinner!

So it is Sunday and I did not do very much grocery shopping yet.  I had declared tonight to be "Family Night" and we were all going to watch the new mini-series on the History Channel called the "Bible".  I promised the family we would have dinner together in front of the TV while we watched it.

BIG PROBLEM.  I have not really been shopping yet.  I stood around in the kitchen and tried to figure out what in the world to do.  I had two extra large boxes of beef Rice-a roni.  I threw those in the pot to start that going.  I also had about a half a bag of frozen Italian meatballs in the fridge so I threw those in the microwave to heat up and chop up.  The meatballs (chopped) went into the rice-a-roni to cook.  Add a large portion of frozen peas in a separate pan with some butter and I found an unopened can (and NOT expired) can of cranberry sauce.

THIS WENT BEYOND DESPERATION INTO THE LAND OF TOTALLY WEIRD DINNER!

Yes, I went there.  I was too tired to shop today beyond getting the basics of milk, bread and toilet paper.  So I made the above dinner and surprisingly, everyone liked it.  There were not many left-overs.

The new series on History Channel was very good.

I am not sure I like the way it jumps and chooses some areas to cover while not covering others.  I mean, when you are used to Charleston Heston declaring "LET MY PEOPLE GO" it is kind of hard to watch another in its place.  I am glad we watched it as a family even if two of the kids gave me a little grief about it.

This is our house and we will serve the Lord.
Thank you God for all of these blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment