Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Key Lime Cookies

I have too many limes.  It was cheaper to buy a bag of limes for $4.00 than to pay for an individual one at 2 for $1.00 when I needed four of them.  It just made more sense.  I used the first few limes to make a cilantro lime dressing for a salad (see earlier post on the Ty Thai salad).   Now I am making cookies!

I searched the internet and did not like a whole lot that I found.  Most of the cookies using lime involved corn meal....really? Corn meal? I would have NEVER thought of that!  It sounds gross to me. 

This is what I did:

(1) stick of margarine (I wanted to use butter but my supply is running low and I needed to get rid of the last of the margarine - not buying it anymore! Going to stick with butter from now on)

(1) cup of granulated sugar
(1) egg
(1) egg yolk
(1 1/2) teaspoons of lime zest
(1/4) cup of lime juice (freshly squeezed)
(1 1/2) cups of all purpose flour
(1) teaspoon of baking powder
(1/2) teaspoon of salt
powdered sugar

Combine the softened margarine, sugar, egg and egg yolk until combined.  Add the lime zest and lime juice.  Mix until blended well.  Add the flour, baking powder and salt and mix until well blended.  Drop one teaspoonful into a bowl with the powdered sugar and coat completely.  Put on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.

Here is the finished product.  It is light and fluffy and citris-sy.  I am loving it! It is very yummy!!  I think they might go very well with some coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment