Saturday, February 16, 2013

A new dish and finding ways to use it!

I admit it.  I am a glass junkie.  I love collecting carnival glass, milk glass or any other kind of glass that happens to catch my fancy!  I blame it on my grandmother! She started collecting the most amazing blue-purple Indiana Carnival glass and I inherited it from my mother.  It has a place of honor in my china cabinet and I have even bought a few more pieces to go with it.  I have also been buying the exact same pattern in green and gold and milk glass.  I LOVE Indiana Carnival glass!

A couple of months ago I found a delightful, large, heavy serving tray in the green carnival glass.  Alas, it is not the same pattern but I bought it anyway! It intrigued me.  I had never seen one in this design.  It has, to one side of it, a place to hold six deviled eggs.  Then the rest of the tray is segmented off to hold other things.  But what other things? I was not sure what the actual design intent was.  BUT, I had a party to go to with my Sunday school class ladies and NOW was the perfect time to use it.

As you can see, I made the deviled eggs (who only brings six deviled eggs to a party???).  I was not sure what to fill this dish up with.  I added the fresh strawberries (they were on sale!) and some green and red apple slices and then some slices of a baguette.  I needed the baguette to go with the Caprese salad that I also made (and did NOT have a fabulous dish to put it in! The horror!).

It was a fun evening with my girl friends.  I was regretful of a few things:  my caprese salad really needed some garlic but I did not add it, I should have made more deviled eggs as they were scrumptious, and I wish that I had found my sandals but wore tennis shoes instead! Never question the ramblings of a menopausal woman.  FUNNY! I guess my ramblings sound strange tonight because my heart is sad.  I will try to perk it up!  I must go in the kitchen and make these chocolate chip cookies that Billieanne made for her friend's birthday today!  I think inside Billieanne there lurks a secret baker because her cookies were sheer perfection! I will try and get pics if I do!

I know I have a few readers in Russia, I would love to become "pen pals" so feel free to drop me a comment and I will be happy to email! I would love to know what YOU take to a party to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment