Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Old Fashioned Chicken & Dumplings

Talk about an epic fail! I had planned to make my sweet husband some Healing Chicken Soup tonight and did not realize I was out of most of the ingredients! I guess I need to make a trip to the Farmer's Market!

Instead of the soup, I am making old fashioned chicken and  dumplings.  My husband generally prefers the flat dumpling but I do not have any.  And, as I am OUT of all the ingredients for the soup, I am making the old fashioned biscuit type dumplings.

Of course, I generally use Bisquick to make the dumplings but I have not bought any Bisquick in a while.  I opened up my old Pillsbury cookbook and used the baking powder biscuit recipe.  I did look at their dumpling recipe but did not like it.  It is all bubbling away on the stove right now.  Hopefully it will turn out nice and fluffy and yummy.

My sweetheart had outpatient surgery today to remove two areas that were determined to be possible skin cancer.  The one on the front of his chest is most likely a squamus cell cancer and the one on the back (and the bigger of the two) is not determined yet. 

This pot of chicken and dumplings will hopefully be just the comfort food he needs.  I am thankful for church family members and friends who were kind enough to pick up my kids for church and understand that I did not want to leave my baby alone. 

I hope you are all doing well.  Never forget to tell those you love that you do love them.  Our time on this earth is short, live it well, with love and in Jesus' name.

No comments:

Post a Comment