Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Yellow Cake with Chocolate Buttercream and Sprinkles!

Yep....I discovered tonight that it takes roughly the same amount of time to make a yellow cake from scratch that it does to make one from a box.  It tastes better too.  I don't think I will ever be buying box cake mix again.

I used a recipe from the traditional Good Housekeeping cookbook.  It was simple and fast.  I did add the remaining leftover Christmas sprinkles on top! I was trying to empty the bottle so I could throw it away and not feel guilty!

On top is some homemade buttercream!  I NEVER buy store bought frosting as this recipe is super easy! No measuring just lots of tasting until it is just right.  All that is in it is melted butter (REAL butter), vanilla, milk, powdered sugar and cocoa.  Easy and delicious.

Okay, I know this entry will sound weird.  I am tired but I am very, very happy I got to go to Wednesday night service tonight.  Our pastor is pretty amazing.  His lesson tonight was great and I will post about it tomorrow when my eyes are not trying to force themselves closed on me!

GOODNIGHT!!

PS....lots of prayers to my sister in law Susan as she recovers from an illness! I love you Curly Sue!

No comments:

Post a Comment