Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Tunnel of Fudge Cake

Monday was my boss's birthday so I needed to make him a cake to bring to work!  I looked through the Cook's Country cookbook but was easily frustrated.  That book requires too many special gadgets and I have been very disappointed by it.

The cookbook I turned to is "Perfect Cakes" by Nick Malgieri.

The recipe was very easy.  The hardest part of the recipe was waiting for the eggs to come to room temperature.  I was determined to follow the recipe exactly so I waited.  And it did make a difference.  I was actually surprised at how much looser the eggs were when they were not cold anymore. I also liked the fact that it took 3 1/2 sticks of butter!  The only thing that I did not add to the recipe was the walnuts.  I had to keep nuts out of the recipe for allergy reasons.

The cake was perfect.  The tunnel of fudge was just that....all yummy and fudgy.  The pile of chocolate you see in the middle is where I poured the extra glaze into the middle...no sense in wasting good chocolate.

The cake was a big success.  All the boys loved it.  It was definitely very, very rich as all chocolate should be.  I recommend it.  It was so much better than what comes out of a box!!  If you want the recipe, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment