Saturday, January 19, 2013

Meatloaf two ways

Tonight my sweet husband requested meatloaf.  I had not made it in quite some time!  Most of my family does not like it with the ketchup baked on top but that is my favorite! I decided to accommodate both of us!



The meatloaves started out with the same basic ingredients.  I went to Harris Teeter today and purchased approximately three pounds of a meatloaf mixture:  ground chuck (poor chuck), ground veal and ground pork.  To this mixture I added two chopped sweet onions, one full sleeve of saltine crackers that I had crushed (great stress reliever!) and two raw eggs (cracked, shells discarded of course!).  I also added some freshly ground sea salt and black pepper, Soul Seasoning and garlic powder.  I mixed it together with the two BEST utensils God gave us (my hands). 

After the meatloaf was mixed well, I made four medium sized loaves into two pans.  To two of  the loaves, I poured on the ketchup! I love ketchup baked on my meatloaf! The other two I added two strips of uncooked turkey bacon to the top.  Into a 350 degree oven for approximately 45 minutes they went!

While the meatloaf baked, I peeled potatoes and made mashed potatoes (or as I call them:  mash-a-taters) and also made some mixed veggies.  

Tonight's dinner had to feed two adults and five teenagers.  Fortunately, there was enough.  I am grateful that God has blessed me with so much.  May I never take it for granted.

Time to go do some laundry so that I can be respectable for church tomorrow! Make sure you say your prayers and get ready and go! Do not forsake your fellowship needs!

Talk to you soon!! :)  

PS...I would love to hear from you! I know I have quite a few readers that are not in America.  Please let me know what you think and if you have any recipes to share. I can't wait to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment