Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 Goal

My cookings has been sliding off into the awful lately.  I am not exactly sure why.  Is it this constant headache that never goes away? Is it the stress? I have no idea.  I am looking to cure that however.  Last year I got "The Cook's Illustrated Cookbook" from the Editors at America's Test Kitchen.


This cookbook has 2000 recipes in it.  I have decided to try and tackle at least three recipes a week and follow it exactly.  I have a bad habit of going "off the rails" when using recipes.  This time, I will follow it to the letter!  I am a little nervous.  Quite frankly, I have NEVER bought a shallot in my entire life.  I am not even sure what to look for.  Hopefully by the end of the year I will have picked up some new techniques and habits.  Otherwise, I may have to surrender my cooking duties.

I will keep you posted on what I cook.  Who knows, maybe one day I can get the chef's to visit my little Harley Davidson kitchen?!

Although I shudder to think what Mr. Kimball and Mr.Bishop will think of the contents of my pantry? I know for sure Mr. Kimball would be appalled by the appearance of regular canned tomato soup in there! 

Here's to 2013! May our cooking and baking ever be better!!!!!!
God bless you!


No comments:

Post a Comment