Monday, August 13, 2012

Loaded Mashed Potatoes (found on Pinterest)

Hello!! Tonight for dinner I was looking for something that would be easy on the teeth as my sweetie has a sore mouth.  I scanned my "Yummy" board on Pinterest and found this post for Loaded Mashed Potatoes.  I decided to give it a go! 

This is what I started with: a 5 lb bag of red potatoes (I chose the red ones because it meant I would not have to stand and peel the taters!), lots of shredded cheddar cheese, apple wood smoked bacon, sour cream and butter.

This is what the end result looked like.  Everybody ate it right up! They loved it....of course, my crew would eat ANYTHING that had bacon and cheese!!

Loaded Mashed Potatoes  Here is the original recipe! I would encourage you to try it (if you are not on a diet!!!)  It was a quick recipe for dinner.  The only draw backs that I had for this was that I did not quite have a big enough bowl for the whole five pounds of potatoes.  I also did not have a hand-held mixer to mix the potatoes up with.  I hand mashed them but I have always liked my mash-a-taters lumpy anyway.

I think I will definately make this again, but perhaps in smaller quantity. Let me know if you try it out!!

PS....in case you noticed, in the picture above of all the ingredients is a little peek of my new stove! I have renovated my kitchen and am loving all the new woodwork, tile and stainless steel appliances.



No comments:

Post a Comment