Thursday, May 3, 2012

Here we go again....

It's Thursday, the day before payday and my pantry is looking a little bit thin.  So here I stand in the kitchen trying to figure out what I can throw together to feed the hungry natives.  I have some ground chuck (poor chuck) that I had frozen from the butcher.  That is about it.  No fresh mushrooms.  No onions left (how did that happen? I never run out of onions).  No potatoes.  Sheesh.

I defrosted the ground chuck (poor chuck) and mixed it with crushed saltine crackers, Gold Medal Soul Seasoning (my new favorite spice to use) and some garlic powder.  I made them into five good sized hamburger steaks and threw them in my pan with some chopped onions that I found I had frozen previously. 

After browning them up on both sides I added some (don't judge me here, this stuff is good) dry brown gravy mix and a butt-ton of milk.  I stirred it up real well and it is simmering on the stove for about twenty minutes.  I think I am going to make macaroni noodles to put under it as we have had rice twice this week already.  Being a good Italian wife, I always have pasta on hand.  It is a national emergency if I ever run out of that stuff.

So....here I sit, watching it simmer and pondering the meaning of life, pickles and butterflys.  I think I should like to be a pickle one day instead of always being IN a pickle....

No comments:

Post a Comment