Saturday, May 12, 2012

Bonnie Butter Cake

So I needed a cake for someone's birthday tomorrow.  This receipe is from my 1956 edition of Betty Crocker Picture Cook Book.  It used almost two whole sticks of real yummy butter.  I am always concerned about making a cake from scratch because I am afraid it will still taste like flour.  The batter for this one was different.
It was really creamy, a product I suppose of all the butter in it.  I was very careful with my measurements.  I did not want anything to go wrong.  Thank goodness the batter did not taste like flour!
They baked up really well.  I have not tasted them. I also have not decided what frosting to use.  I cannot use anything with peanut butter as some of the youth group have allergies.  I am thinking maybe a chocolate buttercream.  I can't decide!

I will try to remember to take a picture when I finish it up!  Got to get ready to try and sleep since tomorrow is Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment