Monday, May 21, 2012

Daughters are wonderful!

I was very, very tired when I came home from work today.  I laid down on the bed to catch a short nap before I made dinner.  I flipped it to the "Maury" show (my secret vice...I know it is trash TV but I love it) but I was so tired I fell asleep. 

My sweet daughter, Paulina, came in and told me to stay in bed, that she was going to make dinner.  And boy did she ever!  She made meatballs and garlic & butter pasta.  I hate to say it, but her meatballs were better than mine! She had them seasoned just so perfectly! Her garlic and butter pasta was the perfect blend of garliky buttery goodness.

After dinner, I did the dishes.  I don't mind doing the dishes when someone else cooked!  I also dove into my new favorite cookbook for a recipe to make a treat for my friend.  The cookbook is the Betty Crocker Picture Cook Book from 1956.  It is quite worn out but it still has a lot of old traditional recipes.  I enjoy using it.  I frequently use the pancake, crepe and yellow butter cake recipes from it.

I decided to make a Blueberry Buckle cake.  I had some frozen blueberries in the freezer left over from the smoothie craze the oldest kid went on for a while.  I rinsed and thawed them out and made that.  It is in the oven right now, smelling so good!  I hope it turns out okay.  I am going to take it over to Monique Negron's house as a thank you.  She made dinner for my family last week when my sweet husband was in the hospital. 

I am certainly one very blessed lady.  I have awesome children, an awesome husband and wonderful friends.  Thank you God for blessing me so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment