Sunday, May 20, 2012

Fried Green Tomatos!

I remember in days gone by my dad standing in the kitchen frying up some green tomatos....I am trying to remember what else he made when he did this, I seem to recall that he did some kind of shrimp boil?  Anyway! The Farmer's Market had some really good green tomatos so I could not resist trying to make them.

I put some olive oil on the stove to heat.  I am pretty sure my dad used shortening but I prefer using the olive oil.  I did the double dip method.  I sliced the tomatos and did the first dip in milk, then in flour, then in a mixture of a beaten egg, milk and a few drops of Texas Pete, then in a mixture of cornmeal and Soul Seasoning.  Off to the skillet to fry up.  THEY WERE SOOOO GOOD!!

I will have to think real hard of other things my dad used to make. It was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment