Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Mad Scientist.....or desperate woman on the edge??

I am still getting adjusted to working full-time again.  That means I have not been grocery shopping yet.  BUT....I am sooo tired and cannot sleep and am in dire need of hot chocolate.  I am completely out of regular sugar.  This is what I did.

Scant 2/3 cup of powdered sugar
Scant 2/3 cup of Hershey's cocoa
2/3 cup of water

I mixed the above briskly with a whisk and put on the stove at about medium high.  I brought it to a boil and let it boil while stirring for approximately one minute.

Removed from heat and added a teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Added one 12 ounce can of evaporated milk (have to save the regular milk for the kids breakfast in the morning).

Heated it through without boiling (did not want to scald the milk).

It is not great, but it is comforting.  It does the trick for now.  I am going to make sure I get a good stocking up of my staples so I don't run out everything again when I can't get to the store!  Goodnight everyone! (PS...think I might thin it out a little bit with a splash of real milk....)

No comments:

Post a Comment