Monday, March 5, 2012

Bright Day Banana Muffins

So, the homemade cinnamon rolls were a hit with the crew today.  They were gone faster than you could shake a stick at them! I felt bad for one of the guys....he thought they were going to be only for him! So I am making him some "Bright Day Banana Muffins".  I was too tired to do the whole yeast bread thing!

The recipe comes from my "The Pillsbury Cookbook".
I believe it is dated 1995. I got it at a thrift store, of course! It is kind-of my "go-to" cookbook for basics like pancake mix and baking powder biscuits.  I know you are asking yourself, "what did she change about this recipe?"....and I hate to disappoint but I didn't change anything! At least the first batch I made it exactly as the recipe called for.  The second batch I made was a little different as I substituted the white sugar for brown sugar.  I definately liked the second batch the best.  I think the caramel-ly flavor of the brown sugar works well with banana. HA HA! Are you asking yourself why I switched? The truth of the matter is that I have not been grocery shopping and ran out of white sugar! It was a happy thing and worked out well.

So, two batches are under my belt.  Two bags are fixed neatly for two people and the rest are left for the natives in this household whom I have NO doubt will demolish them in short order!!  If you want the recipe, message me and I will send it to you.  I am kind-of afraid to post it here since it is not mine. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment