Sunday, March 4, 2012

Lunch?

I have not been grocery shopping this week.  Things are a tiny bit tight while I wait for that first paycheck that arrives on this Friday.  However this does provide an opportunity for making more things from scratch instead of running to the store for the convenient version!

The first thing that I am making today is some honey wheat bread.  I am not sure what recipe I will use yet.  I may just modify my white bread recipe and cross my fingers! Although I do have a bread machine cookbook with lots of different recipes in it.  I wonder if the recipes have to be modified for use WITHOUT a bread machine?

I also just made some pasta salad to take to work with me this week.  It is basically a tuna macaroni salad.  It has just two cans of tuna, six hard boiled eggs, chopped yellow onion, chopped, sweet pickle relish, Duke's mayo, some mustard and some salt and pepper. This is a recipe my family has made for a long time.  My mom also used to put in cubed sharp cheddar cheese but I don't really like the cheese with the tuna.  I am not a real big fan of any cheese with any seafood! 

I am craving sweets too.  Maybe some snickerdoodles today? Or a chocolate chip? Or all the sweet stuff in the house!! My daughter's PMS must be rubbing off on me so I am craving tacos and chocolate cake! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment