Thursday, March 8, 2012

DEEP DARK CHOCOLATE SIN!!!!

I was feeling the urge to bake tonight but did not seem to be in the mood for the "normal" cookies or bread.  I pulled out a different cookbook and began to peruse it.
I came across a recipe titled "Brownie Pudding Cake".  I read it and it sounded like the old pudding and cake mix combos they made in the 1970's.  I loved those things, all gooey pudding and cake all in one pan.  I just had to try it.
I was a little disconcerted by the first step of mixing.  It seemed thick and strange.  But by the time I added the remaining ingredients, it was looking good.   Below is the progression of ingredients:


The recipe stated that as it baked it would separate into cake and pudding layers.  And it sure did.  When I took it out of the oven it was a deep, rich, dark cake on top with amazing deep chocolate pudding underneath.
Let me tell you....it is pure sin.  It actually needs some ice cream or real whipped cream to go on top.  I mean, if your significant other is not available....this stuff would definately fill the bill in the short term....

No comments:

Post a Comment