Sunday, March 18, 2012

Irish dinner a day late!

I had great plans for dinner on Saturday March 17th! I had purchased a big slab of corned beef from my butcher and grabbed a large head of cabbage while at the Farmer's Market.  I was going to make a traditional Corned Beef and Cabbage dinner.  Unfortunately other things happened to completely delay it.

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/police-shoot-robbery-suspect?ref=scroller&categoryId=20000&status=true

So, after the excitement of a shoot-out and not getting my car back until after 9:30 pm, we just went to bed. 

Today, Sunday, I put the corned beef in the crockpot around 11:30.  At 7:00 pm tonight I poured the liquid from the crockpot over some chopped potatos (russets) and some chopped cabbage and boiled until tender.  We enjoyed our dinner of beef and cabbage.  Everyone, that is, except my oldest child who does not like cabbage.  She had a ham and pepperoni cheese sandwich.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's awful! I'm glad you're ok - and how terrifying. And after an experience like that, no wonder you postponed dinner...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it is still scary to me and how sad for his mother? And his child? I can't get the look of desperation he had on his face out of my brain. It hurts my heart.

      Delete