Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Another Random Soup night

I like to make a hearty soup on Tuesdays for a friend of mine who needs some "motherly TLC".  Tonight I just was not exactly sure what to do so you know me! I just started throwing stuff into the pot!

I started with about two teaspoons of olive oil and chopped almost 2/3rd's of a sweet onion and put that on medium high.  After a while I added two heaping teaspoons of garlic.  After the onions got soft I added two cans of chicken broth.  Into that I put one very, very large skinless boneless chicken breast, cut up (I swear this bird was at least a double D!!!!).

After the chicken gets done I am going to add a can of Cream of Chicken with Herbs and some flat dumplings.  That should be good and hearty and do him well for the week.  I like being able to share this gift.  I enjoy cooking. I hope he enjoys it!

No comments:

Post a Comment