Tuesday, March 27, 2012

CHILI!!!!!!

It's my last hurrah to winter! I just had to make a pot of chili one more time. It is just my traditional "poor people" chili. 

I soaked a pot of pinto beans while I was at work.  I rinsed the beans and set them to boil.  After they got soft, I started to get the rest ready.  In a saute pan I softened up some sweet onion and garlic in a combo of butter (real butter NOT margarine) and some olive oil.  Once they were softened up a bit I added FRESH ground chuck from my amazing butcher.  I also added my new found friend:
It added some amazing color and taste.  I discovered this little gem thanks to my sexy hot friend who is an amazing Puerto Rican Chef, Monique Negron.  She is awesome!

Anyway, added the beef and onions and garlic (oh yeah, I forgot to tell you I also added a rather large amount of minced garlic too) to the beans along with two cans of tomato paste and three cans of V-8.  Additionally, I added chili powder, paprika and some Soul Seasoning.  It is gently simmering now to develop its flavors.  I am off to see if I have enough ingredients to make cornbread.  If not, I may boil some noodles to put my chili over....I know that is weird.  I had never done it before but I saw it on some Food Network show and tried it....very good!

1 comment:

  1. Chili is one of my favorite soups - love that you soaked the beans yourself... This reminds me I need to get back to work on my chili recipe - I've make it a few times and it's still not quite right...

    ReplyDelete