Friday, March 2, 2012

THE GREAT DEBATE: flat dumplings versus biscuit dumplings

Which do you prefer snake or bison meat?  That lovely sentence was typed by my son when I turned my back to stir the dumplings.  My original sentence said "Which do you prefer, flat dumplings or biscuit ones?"

I am making chicken and dumplings for dinner tonight but it is not the way my mother taught me.  It is the way my husband likes.  He has always had his dumplings from Anne's Old Fashioned dumplings.
I have never used this before I got together with my sexy Italian husband.  I am still on a learning curve using them.  My mother always used Bisquick and made biscuit dumplings.  They are my favorite, especially when I put a stick of real butter in right before I start dropping the biscuit dough because it creates a line of butter through the dumpling.  My middle child does not like the biscuit kind but she does like the flat ones.

So.....I just boiled my boneless chicken thighs (I like using them because they have more flavor than the white meat in my opinion) and then pulled them out to shred them.  I added the dumplings plus (I know my step-kids will shake their heads at this next statement LOL) I added a can of Campbell's  Cream of Chicken Soup.  I added the chicken back and now it is boiling. Soon the dumplings will be done and we will eat.

I think I may make biscuit ones soon.....

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for dropping by my blog - I appreciate it. And it meant I found your blog which I had not yet stumbled upon. I've added you to my Google Reader subscriptions and look forward to following your posts =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks! I think your blog is really cool. I am a "made from scratch" kinda person too! These pre-made dumplings make me nuts! LOL...the things we do for love. I look forward to reading more of your cooking adventures! Welcome to Virginia Beach!!!

      Delete