Tuesday, February 28, 2012

cluck, cluck, cluck......where's the eggs????

I am a complete doofus! Note to self:  never try to make bread when you are in a hurry and distracted!  I made my lovely yeast bread recipe really fast tonight before my meeting at church.  I instructed my beautiful daughter Paulina to watch the bread and thump it; when it sounded hollow, she was to take it out.  I ran out to my meeting and then received the following text message:  "BREAD EMERGENCY!"  My poor girl! The bread flopped!
I assured her it was okay and not to worry, I would make more.

As I began my second batch of dough I suddenly realized why she had a bread emergency.....I had forgotten to add the eggs to the recipe!!!  What a silly girl I am!  In my haste to complete the recipe and get to my meeting, I skipped a step! Oh well! Live and learn and waste 7 cups of bread flour!!!

My second batch is in the oven.  I am going to turn it into cinnamon rolls for my youth group meeting tomorrow! :) I love my church youth group.

No comments:

Post a Comment