Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pot Roast

It was another trip to the butcher today.  I got 2 1/2 pounds of chuck roast.  I also grabbed some red potatoes, a sweet onion and some carrots.
This is what it looked like before it got put into the oven.  I set the oven on really low, at 325 for the first hour then 250 for the next three hours.  This is how it turned out:
It was very flavorful and tender.  The meat was fall apart tender.  The potatos were just perfect.  It was a very yummy dinner tonight.  I have to say I am getting very used to getting really, really fresh meat.  Having a butcher right around the corner from my house is very convenient and awesome.  He is a little pricier than the regular grocery store but you can actually taste the difference in the meat versus getting it at the grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment