Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Healing Chicken Soup

My sweet husband has a terrible cold so I am going to do everything I can to make him better.  I put a stick of real butter in a large soup pot to melt.  I chopped one fresh sweet onion and put in the melting butter to saute and soften.  After the onions softened up I added a very, very large amount of chopped garlic.  I let those flavors marry for a while.  I then added 16 ounces of chicken broth.  I put in three pieces of chicken (raw) and added water to cover to the top of the chicken.  It is boiling now.  After the chicken boils for a while, I am going to add carrots.  I am also going to add some Aunt Annies dumplings.

This soup should do a lot for my baby's cold. 

1 comment:

  1. I added some frozen broccolli as well....the soup was so yummy and my baby loved it.

    ReplyDelete