Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year's Resolution

I don't usually make resolutions but I decided to this year.  My resolution is to try a new recipe every week from one of my many cookbooks sitting on the shelf by the kitchen.  I am off to a good start as I made two recipes yesterday from my new Patriot's cookbook.  The tomato cabbage and the apple-cranberry casserole turned out okay.  They both need a little modification, but overall I think they are keepers as far as recipes go.

My other resolution I made the week before the new year started.  I was sitting in Don Jose's Mexican restaurant with my sister and her family.  We resolved that 2012 would be the year that we stop drinking soda.  That is pretty big for me as I am a complete soda addict.  I would rather drink flat old soda than drink a fresh glass of water! I know that is bad.  SO....it is now the second day of 2012 and I have NOT had any soda.  I intend to keep it that way.  I need to get healthier.  I think this is a good step in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment