Monday, January 2, 2012

Dinner....definately NOT low calorie!

I was not in the mood to cook a full-blown dinner tonight.  After finding bacon on sale at Bottom Dollar, I decided it would be a good night for some BLT's!  Of course, we never do it exactly by the book.  That would be too boring.

After frying up the bacon the old fashioned way (man, I wish I had a microwave bacon cooker!) I put the bacon on some sandwich thins, spread on the Duke's Mayo (is there really any other kind of mayo???), lettuce, thinly sliced heirloom tomatos, salt and freshly ground pepper and some fresh mozzarella.  Hey! I am Italian by marriage so I don't think there is anything as lovely as adding fresh mozzarella to absoloutely anything I eat!

I believe it was successful...no words of complaint from anyone! And, although it was not exactly low calore, I did only have one sandwich, not two! I did not even sneak very much bacon while I was cooking it (is it possible to actually cook bacon and not sneak at least a little bite???)

Did I mention I love James Bond? We just finished watching "The Spy Who Loved Me"....<sigh> Roger Moore is so sexy.  HA HA HA...I know that was totally random.

No comments:

Post a Comment