Sunday, January 1, 2012

Apple-cranberry casserole....

This is how my apple-cranberry casserole turned out.  It is rather tasty but in looks....hmm...just does not quite cut it.  I left the skin on the apples when I sliced them and put them in the dish.  The Granny Smith apple skin kind of resembles green pepper slices and is not very appetizing looking.  I am not sure what I will do to improve this recipe.  I guess I will have to peel the apples first.  That makes me kind of sad as I really like the nutritional value of leaving the peels on (as well as the ease of not having to peel).  The dish was a little bland.  I think I should have added some cinnamon and nutmeg somewhere in there too!

When I go to the grocery store I guess I will get more apples and cranberry and try again!  At least when I figure out how I should change this. Maybe I needed some vanilla ice cream to go with it?  I am also thinking that maybe the topping was too thick and I should thin it out a little bit.  When I perfect the recipe I will post the new one!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment