Sunday, January 15, 2012

The first Daffodil of Spring

I have been inside since Friday with a wicked cold but I just went outside tonight to take my ever-whining dog Humperdink to go potty and there it was! In my flower bed was the very first daffodil of spring! Yes, I know it is not spring yet, but there it was!  Standing tall and proud and oh so yellow.

Daffodils are a sign from God, my mother used to always tell me.  It's how you know renewal is coming.  I so love daffodils.  They remind me of my mother's love and of God's love.  "Thank you God for the birds that sing, thank you God for everything!"

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I see daffodils as a sign of renewal and rebirth too. It's a long, long way off before I see a daffodil this year. Both in my life and in nature.
    Thank you for reminding me of God's love for me

    ReplyDelete