Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Are you hungry?

I am sorry I have not posted in a few days! Things have been difficult.  I have not even cooked a meal in at least a week! As I work out of town, cooking during the week is rare.  I am usually spoiled to pieces by my sissy.  Last night she made some really yummy beefy rice-a-roni with some stew beef that she had put in the crock pot all day. :) It was good.

So why do I ask if you are hungry?  As hard as it is to fathom, a lot of children and adults go hungry in the United States.  The United States, home to McDonalds and "super-size me please!".  I got to wondering today if we take our liberties for granted?  Do we automatically assume that everyone has enough because we do? 

I can recall a time when I did not have enough.  I remember pacing the floor of my tiny kitchen wondering how I was going to feed my three children.  Through God's grace, food was provided.  Somehow, the ingredients that I found left over in my pantry were enough to feed three hungry little kids.

The next time that you sit down to eat, don't forget to pray and ask God to provide for others.  Then take it a next step and drop off something at your local food bank or your church's food pantry.  The excess you have today could actually come back around and provide for you or loved ones when you need it.  Love is action, not just words.  Don't forget to live out the love you have today.

Until this weekend, when I get to cook again!  Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment