Sunday, January 8, 2012

Epic Fail

With a full belly and a heavy heart, this is my Post-Dinner....post. Ha ha ha.  Apparently I waited to long to use my asparagus.  It was as limp as a soggy noodle.  My crockpot did such a good job cooking my stew beef that is was mostly stew and no beef.  We slopped it over noodles, had some corn and some garlic bread.  It was too sad to take a picture.  Epic failure.  Why a full belly then?  WELL....it still tasted good.  BUT now there is 1/2 pound of unused proscuiito in the fridge with no asparagus to marry.  :(  My son was rather disappointed as he declared he loves asparagus (although I don't think I have made any in years).  I will try to find some next weekend at the Farmer's Market and give it a second go around.

I am off to clean up the kitchen and get my suitcase packed for another long week in Northern Virginia at my job.  Be assured I will be looking for "new" cookbooks at the local thrift store and searching for new recipes to try.  Have a great night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment