Saturday, December 31, 2011

Thrift store score!

The girls and I went to the local thrift store after going out to eat for lunch.  I found an awesome cookbook called "Patriots Delicious Delights".  It was put out by the Stenography II class at First Colonial High School in Virginia Beach.  There is no date but as it is from a stenography class I am guessing it is at least from the early 1970's?  It has some water damage to it but otherwise it is in good shape.  I think I am going to dig through it and find a sweet recipe to try!



The first recipe is called "Alaskan Sandwiches" by Lynn Bolduc. It lists using a package of Pillsbury Plus Devil's Food Chocolate or Chocolate Mint cake mix. I don't think I have ever heard of a Chocolate Mint cake mix! This definately must be from the 1970's. I will have to go to good ole' Mr. Google and see what comes up when I look for chocolate mint cake mix! It sounds interesting. I wonder how it bakes up, if the mint is over powering or not. The recipe says to bake the cake in jelly roll pans and then is cut into squares. A 1/2 gallon of Neapolitan ice cream is then cut into squares and put between two slices of cake. It sounds yummy!

I went to www.pillsburybaking.com and checked out the cake mixes.  I did not see any chocolate mint! I guess that was a long time ago. Anyway! I am going to keep reading this cookbook and will update when I find some more interesting recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment