Saturday, December 31, 2011

Cookies

My first batch of Hershey's Special Dark chocolate chip cookies are in the oven.  I actually followed the recipe on the back of the package this time instead of just winging it.  I have made choc chip cookies so many times that I usually don't follow a recipe.  I guess I am starting a new chapter in my baking and cooking.  I am going to start paying more attention to recipes and trying new things.

I think I have over 150 to 200 cookbooks.  I don't have all of them unpacked.  I think some are still sitting up in the attic.  My important ones are unpacked however and I think they number in at least the 75 range.  I have a hideous corner by my itty-bitty kitchen.  It has my cookbook shelf and my stereo...a REAL stereo with a record player.  There is also a large green storage bucket filled to the overflowing with vinyl records.  I don't have anywhere to put them! I need to find some kind of shelf that will accomodate my vast and ever-growing collection.  Also sitting in the corner is a broken drawer from my kitchen cabinets.  <sigh> I really need a kitchen make-over.  I did finally take down the wall paper and put one coat of very light lemony yellow on the walls.  It really needs a second coat.  I also had taken all the cabinet doors off.  My original intent was to paint my cabinets this very sunny, bright yellow.  That fell by the wayside when I lost my job, my ceiling in the dining room burst and then I got a new job 114 miles away.  The kitchen now makes me sad.  We have lost the hardware for the doors somewhere when the disaster of the ceiling cave-in happened.  I don't even know what to do with it anymore.

GOSH! Somewhere in the midst of typing about something inane as cookies, my thoughts took a drastic turn to the meloncholy.  I don't totally know how that happened.

I guess I will log off for the moment and go get my cookies out of the oven!!

No comments:

Post a Comment