Saturday, February 20, 2016

The Cookbook Experiment

My amazing baker/food maker daughter Paulina and I have decided to make every single recipe in this cookbook over the course of time. It won't be wasting food because my husband and son will EAT ANYTHING!!!

The first recipe on the menu today is from Mr. Joe Littles. He is an amazing MARINE and a blessing in our church. He can still wear his uniform and when he does, ooo la la!! Who doesn't love a man in uniform?  The recipe is called "Snicker Salad"

Snicker Salad:
(3) medium apples peeled and chopped
(1) can of Mandarin oranges, drained (okay, I did not drain them until I was done chopping the apples and banana so that the juice would keep them from turning brown. I drained after I was done with the chopping)
(1) banana, sliced
(3) Snickers candy bars, chopped (put them into the fridge to chill a little bit, per Joe (and he was correct!) it makes them easier to chop
(1) large container of Cool Whip
Chopped pecans (optional)

Chop up all fruits and mix together in bowl. Add chopped up candy bars. Stir in Cool Whip and top with chopped pecans if desired.


As you can see, it looks delish! I have put it in the fridge to chill and will have an official taste test after it is completely chilled.  Thanks Joe!

No comments:

Post a Comment