Sunday, February 21, 2016

The Cookbook Experiment: Black Forest Dump Cake

Today I am trying a recipe by a fine man named Dick John. He is very special to me. This is the third recipe in my series of trying every recipe in this cookbook:
I was very intrigued by this recipe, who does not enjoy a good dump cake? I have never heard of a dump cake using a chocolate cake. I had to try it!

Black Forest Dump Cake by Mr. Dick John
(1) 8 ounce can of crushed pineapple, drained (save the juice)
(1) 21 ounce can of cherry pie mix
(1) 18 ounce box Devils Food cake mix
(1) cup chopped pecans
(1/2) cup melted butter
Whipped topping

Lightly grease a 13" x 9" pan. Layer with drained pineapple. Second layer - add the pie filling. Third layer - sprinkle dry cake mix over filling. Fourth layer - sprinkle with pecans. Combine the melted butter and pineapple juice and pour over top. Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees. Serve with whipped topping.

I cannot wait for this to finish.  It is looking and smelling so very good! Thanks Mr. John for the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment