Saturday, May 25, 2013

A Healthier approach....

I just spent a week in Kansas City training for my new job. Since I was staying at a hotel, I ate out everyday for lunch and dinner. There is nothing like KC bar-b-que! It was wonderful. By the end of the week, however, I was very tired of pork and beef! I was also not happy with myself and my size. I have gained a bit of weight back over the last year and it is not good.  Three of the nights in KC I spent pacing the floor trying to figure out if I had really bad heartburn or did I need to go to the hospital with chest pains.  Enough is enough.  Time for a new plan. One that I can live with and stick to. Tonight's dinner was the very beginning of that plan.

Tonight's dinner was oven-baked tilapia with roasted broccoli, scalloped potatoes and green apple slices. After consulting friends on Facebook, I put my tilapia in the oven with smashed and chopped garlic, a sprinkle of basil, sea salt and freshly ground pepper, a slice of tomato and a drizzle of olive oil.  While that  baked, I chopped some more garlic and put it on a baking tray with some fresh broccoli cut up and more olive oil.  The broccoli roasted while the fish baked.  Paulina made scalloped potatoes and I sliced some apple and tossed it with a little lemon juice so that it did not turn brown.

The tilapia was very moist and I liked the tomato and basil although the Italian in me was craving some cheese or something on it! Crazy huh?  I loved the broccoli.  I had just bought it fresh today at the Farmer's Market.  It was so good! The little bits of sliced apple were a wonderful palate cleanser and I even drank water instead of kool-aide!

I am off now to take a walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment