Friday, March 29, 2013

Taco Bar!

Today my sweet husband asked for soft tacos for dinner.  I decided to go a little crazy and give my family LOTS of things to add to their soft tacos!

Here is the list of what was on the table:

1. Seasoned ground beef (of course!)
2.  Fried chicken strips cut into chunks (no I did not fry them, got them from Harris Teeter pre-made and on sale!!)
3.  Fresh baby spinach leaves
4. Fresh salsa (courtesy of Harris Teeter again!)
5. chopped jalapenos (with the seeds left in!)
6.  Chimichurri sauce (which I made from scratch)
7. chopped tomatoes
8. chopped green onions
9.  bean sprouts
10.  alfalfa sprouts
11. Daisy sour cream (love the dollop! :) )
12.  Mexican blend of four cheeses, shredded
13.  chopped cucumber
14. re-fried beans
15. flour tortillas
16. Goya Spanish rice
17. Newman's Own Salsa con Queso
18. Broccoli slaw with fresh lime juice squeezed on it

Whew!! That was a lot to get ready! Of course, I cheated a little bit by using a few pre-made things from Harris Teeter.

The chimichurri sauce I made tonight was the best one I have made yet.  I did not follow any specific recipe, I just threw a bunch of ingredients in the blender and then blended and tasted until it was good.  I used a lot of it on my tacos.  It was delicious.  I love a "make it anyway you want" kind of plate! It was nice to have the whole family at the table.  My husband and children are such blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment