Saturday, December 8, 2012

Secret Jambalaya

A friend gave me his family's secret recipe for jambalaya.  I cannot break his confidence so I will not post the actual recipe, but I will share with you some of what I made.  I followed the recipe exactly, as I usually do when trying something for the first time. 

This is pretty much all of the ingredients that I used (plus rice, of course).  I resisted the urge to add things! I even managed to curtail my inside Italian and did not add too much garlic! 

This is what the finished product looked like:
It was quite tasty.  When I make it for a second time, I will probably add some of my favorite Soul Seasoning and more diced green onion.  I get why they said to use the chicken thighs as the meat is more flavorful but I think I will prefer the breast meat.

Do you guys have any favorite recipes for cajun food you can share? I would love to try more!

No comments:

Post a Comment