Thursday, November 22, 2012

First Turkey just landed in the oven....

I can't sleep. :)  I keep thinking of my sweet friend Tabitha who is currently having a C-Section to deliver her new baby.  I am stalking hers and her hubs Facebook page for news. 

SO.....I decided to go to Wally world at 1:30 in the morning.  It was very nice! Most of the people in the building were the crew re-stocking the shelves.  No lines, no fuss.  I found the second turkey that will be needed for Friday.  I also got some of my grocery essentials since I have not been shopping recently!

When I got home, my turkey for Thanksgiving Day was nice and chilled out and ready to put in the oven.  I pre-heated my oven to 325 degrees and opened the turkey package and gave the poor little bird a nice bath.  Into the roasting pan he went, landing on a nice bed of rough chopped celery and onions.  I usually put carrots here too but I forgot to get any.  I poured one stick of melted butter over him, sprinkled some Soul Seasoning and some Chipoltle Chili powder on him.  I don't usually do that but I think my brain is off since is it 3:30 in the morning.  I need to get him baked so I can use the oven for other things!

I forgot to take a picture! Oh well! I think I am going to try and sleep a tiny bit while my new oven does its magic.  I will be back here soon, hopefully with pictures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment