Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Desperation Dinner

Last night I was in desperate straights.  I have been working so hard and been so busy I have not had time to shop for groceries!  As I looked at my almost bare cupboards, I knew that I could not ask the natives to eat another sandwich but I was just too tired to go to the store. 

I spied a can of peach pie filling I had picked up on a whim one day then forgot about it.  Inspiration hit! I would make Stuffed French toast.  Thank you God so much that I had enough bread to do it.  I just was not so sure about the stuffed part as I do not have a sandwich grill press thingy! (I know, so technical).

I made four pieces at a time and layered the peach pie filling (that I had heated in the microwave so it would be good and warm) between each piece of bread.  I sprinkled some powdered sugar on top and served it with some Cinnamon Vanilla syrup.  Nick and Paulina loved it and I was happy that they had a hot meal for dinner. 

Knowing Billieanne does not like peaches, I altered the recipe for her.  Instead of peach french toast, I made a brand new egg batter with Eggnog and dipped her bread in that. I also topped hers with some powdered sugar and served with the same syrup.  She loved it! That girl loves anything eggnog!!

I was not able to shop today either.  I ended up working 11 hours.  God bless my husband.  He took them to their favorite spot, Taco Bell.  He is a good man.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment