Sunday, October 28, 2012

Hurricane Sandy and my cookie urge!

Hello! I hope everyone out here on the East Coast is staying safe and dry!  We are doing fine although our canal that runs on the side of our house is starting to rise quite high.  I am not nervous because I am confident all will be well.

Since church was cancelled tonight, I got a little crazy and decided to try some new cookie recipes.  The first one I thought I would look for a mocha chocolate chip because I have some real coffee heads in the house.  Here is the link to the recipe I used:

Mocha Chocolate Chip Cookies

One word of caution:  The batter does NOT taste good which is totally weird because the cookies taste GREAT!!  My oldest daughter, and my biggest coffee addict, almost ate the entire batch!!  She loved them.  My sweet husband and the other two kids liked them as well.

The next recipe I tried was for Raspberry Thumbprint cookies.  I am not going to post the recipe as it was rather incomplete.  I got the inspiration off of allrecipes.com.  The basics of the recipe were there.  They forgot to include the temperature they should be baked at and (you know me!) I altered the recipe slightly.

The first batch I did fill with Raspberry jam.  They are light and heavenly.  The second batch I took great liberty with.  I filled a few with peanut butter and mini chocolate chips, a few more I filled with Nutella and finally the rest of them I filled with Strawberry Jam.  I have not tasted the second batch yet.  The first batch were so wonderful.  I was most happy that my husband said they tasted good and reminded him of Italian Christmas Cookies. 

I am taking a small break.  I am not sure if I will venture to a third recipe yet or not.  It was fun and it makes me happy making my family happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment