Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Nick's birthday cake!

Today is my "baby" boy's 16th birthday!  Because he had youth group at church tonight I decided he needed a BIG cake.  What you see above is actually the compiling of THREE bundt cakes.  Two bundt cakes stayed whole and are stacked on top of each other.  The third bundt cake (which was the only chocolate one, the other two were white) was ripped into pieces, shoved in the hole in the middle to fill it up and then pieces laid on top to help resemble the mountain.  I made a double batch of my family's special recipe chocolate frosting that hardens into candy.  I poured that all over the place.

While the frosting hardened I then made my "clouds" for my mountain.  The recipe is actually from an amazing site called "Just a Pinch" recipes.  JUST A PINCH
I so adore this website.  I get the daily email recipes and am always pleased and surprised with the content.  SO....I successfully made meringue clouds with M&M's stirred in.  They were fluffy and yummy and perfect!

AND as you can see, I actually bought my son FOUR cars for his 16th birthday! Okay, okay, they were only Hot Wheels but how many kids can say their parents got them FOUR cars for their birthday? ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment