Monday, September 17, 2012

It doesn't always have to fancy, sometimes it just needs to be QUICK!

It's Monday! I was tired after a stressful day of work and then running around grabbing children from their school activities.  I was also HUNGRY!!  What to fix?

I chopped an onion and threw it in a skillet with garlic and ground chuck (poor chuck)!

I pre-heated the oven to 350 degrees while browning the chuck (poor chuck).

In a separate bowl I mixed one standard size can of Cream of Mushroom soup with a soup can of milk.

When the hamburger was done I mixed it with the soup mixture and put in the bottom of a 9" x 13" glass pan.  After spreading that in the bottom, I put a layer of jalapeno jack cheese slices over it all.  I then put a layer of frozen tater tots over all of it.

I baked it in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.  After 20 minutes I sprinkled some shredded cheddar cheese over the top and put it back in the oven for 10 more minutes.
This is what it looked like (after I had already dipped some out).  We all liked it and it must have been good as evidenced by the next picture.....
It's all gone!!!  It was quick and it was good.  It certainly was not very low calorie! Stuff like this feeds teenagers really well!! I am sure I will make it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment