Thursday, August 16, 2012

Chipotle Beef Soft Tacos

Chipotle-beef-tostadas-recipe

The above link is what I used for my inspiration for tonight's dinner! Thanks Food Network Recipe of the Day!!

Tonight's dinner was so delicious that even my picky eater (who dares not eat anything green!!) had seconds!!  There were a few changes I made to the above recipe:

Instead of the $11 jar of chipotle chili powder, I bought a $6 jar of Mexican chili powder that combined the chipotle plus cumin and a few other spices

Instead of coleslaw mix or shredded cabbage, I bought the Broccolli Cole Slaw veggie bag

Instead of the hard tostadas, I bought soft flour taco shells.

It was really important to dice the zucchini small.  It allows it to cook well.  I also used a can of Rotel tomatos and green chiles.....

My whole family really enjoyed this dish! I loved the way the broccolli slaw tasted with just lime juice, salt and pepper!  This will definately become a regular on our menu, especially since the PICKY girl ate all of it and more!! YAY!!! I love a successful new recipe try!!

No comments:

Post a Comment