Sunday, July 1, 2012

To stem or not to stem?

Mushrooms, oh I love mushrooms! My biggest question is with the stems. Do you leave them on or do you pop them off? Lately I have been taking them off but I am wondering if that is a waste?  I do not want to be wasteful but the stems kind of freak me out! I think I am being weird!

Tonight's dinner featured sliced mushrooms sauteed in butter (yes, I know, I should not really be using a whole stick of butter).  I made Shake and Bake chicken in the oven, Santa Fe rice and beans and corn. 
As I looked at my plate I started suffering from "Chopped" syndrome.  I realized that my plating technique was not very good.  Okay, I confess, I watched at least four episodes of "Chopped" today.  So above is my plate....nothing spectactular.  Oven baked chicken, rice and beans, corn and mushrooms.  I am not sure what I could have done better although I admit I was not thinking too clearly when i paired the rice and beans with chicken.  I think my taste buds were off tonight.  I will think better when I make dinner tomorrow! I am dying to try a recipe I saw on Pinterest today and then blogged by a fellow blogger on here.  Her blog is amazing and you can check it out here:"All My Great Ideas Really are from Pinterest"  (I hope she does not mind me recommending her site!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment