Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Asparagus, Cherry Tomato & Mozzarella Salad

Tonight I decided to try a new recipe I found on one of my all-time favorite websites, Italian Food Forever....Italian Food Forever
I was pleasantly surprised by how it turned out.  The only modification I made to the recipe was that I added red onions along with the green onions.  This was a delicious salad.  Because my family is full of meat eaters, they were at first horrified at the thought of a "salad only" dinner.  To keep them happy I made some Lemon Pepper chicken in the oven to go with it.  We also had a huge hunk of rustic wheat bread that was nutty and wonderful.

My only complaint is with me! I do not quite understand the correct method for cutting green onions.  I am hoping my friend Javelin Warrior will take note and send me some tips! I am hopelessly clueless.  I used a serrated knife but it did not do well.

Anyway! As you may have noticed it, I am on an asparagus kick.  I recently discovered how delicious it can taste when properly prepared and I love it.  This is my second recipe with asparagus and I will be looking for more.  If you have any ideas, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment